Friday, November 6, 2015

The Horror Known as the Bodysuit

Bodysuits.

Just the mere word itself causes me to shudder in disgust. For those unaware, they are akin to one-piece pajamas only they lack the flap along the back which allows one to do their business without removing the entire garment. I, personally, liken them to something one would place on an infant to keep their soft skin from facing the harshness of the elements. So, when I see someone wearing one in public, I either think of them as childish or too lazy to dress properly.

While I can understand how they would have some use in performing circles, serving as costumes for acrobats or flashy attire for presentations. I would argue that they simply have no use in refined society and are best left to activities involving showmanship.

I am often taken aback by some people's inability to correctly dress themselves, a fact proven time and time again whenever myself and my partner in fashion, Miss Sendithu, operate in the market tents of Crossings. So many needing our help flood in, at times it seems almost endless. Sadly, though, the ones most needing the help are strangely absent from these little sessions we hold.

Still, I fear the day that someone comes to me wearing a bodysuit. Hopefully, they will be accepting of my advice to replace the offensive thing and go with something far more appropriate instead.

Time will tell.

1 comment: